Princess Diana’s father, Earl Spencer, officially reopened Bullocks Cafe following a renovation in 1985.
The prominent, timber-framed building at the eastern end of the High Street dates back to the 16th century and was first used as a bakery by Edward Bullock in 1908.
During conversion in 1990 to transform the building into a ‘one-stop shop’ for Wychavon District Council two ‘devil dolls’ were discovered, one beneath a roof beam and the other under a floorboard. It’s thought they had been placed there centuries ago to ward off evil spirits.
Bullocks is now a Thai restaurant and the dolls are on display (legend has it that bad luck would follow if they were ever removed).