Droitwich Spa Community Hall started life as a Methodist church… and in a different part of town.
The church was built in Queen Street in 1860 but within a few short years it had started to crumble because of subsidence caused by the extraction of brine from below ground.
So in 1887 the church was moved brick by brick to its new home in Heritage Way. Above the original entrance door it states: ”AD1860, rebuilt 1887.”
Droitwich Spa Town Council took over the building when a new church was built in Worcester Road.