Droitwich Working Men’s Club, with its unusual circular window next to the entrance door, was originally an asylum for 29 ”lunatics”.

Droitwich Lunatic Asylum was established in 1791 on the corner of Friar Street and Ricketts Lane. At one point it was under the control of Dr Charles Hastings, founder of the British Medical Association.

It closed when the county asylum opened in Powick, just south of Worcester.