Radio sets made from 1934 until the 1950s were marked with ‘Droitwich’ on their dials.
That’s because the BBC’s most powerful transmitting station was established a couple of miles north in the village of Wychbold.
The masts were also crucial during the Second World War for enabling messages to be relayed to the French Resistance.
The station closed in 1989 but the 700ft masts are still a landmark for drivers on the M5 and can be seen as far away as Herefordshire.
Come nightfall, a pair of red lights warn aircraft and they have been dubbed “the devil horns of Wychbold”.
Click here for an amazing 1934 film about the construction of the masts.