A curious, 3ft marble obelisk stands at the entrance to the Lido Park car park.
It’s a memorial to ‘Salt King’ John Corbett’s pet animals and those of his family, including the ‘pure bred Arab’ horse Prince and the dog Wonder.
Dating back to 1877, the memorial stood outside Mill Cottage in the grounds of Corbett’s Chateau Impney. It was moved to the Lido Park, which Corbett also owned, in 2016.
It is made from the same stone used for the Corbett family tombs.